We are delighted to announce the launch of our new company – The Cognition Company.
The Cognition Company’s mission is to help businesses grow using behavioural, design and data science. Most of the companies we partner with are scaling technology companies and bigger corporates.
We help our partner companies to gain a deeper understanding of their users, customers, or employees’ behaviours. And we then use this knowledge to support them to build their products, engage their employees, or set their future strategies.
So for example, we’ve helped:
- Wagestream to build a prize-linked savings product;
- Connectr to develop a new index to measure employee ‘belonging’;
- Engage Britain to run a mass online conversation with the UK public;
- CoGo to create a framework for nudging people to switch to more sustainable forms of spending;
- Snoop to help their users to switch energy suppliers;
- Oliver Wyman to support businesses in the shift to new working practices post Covid; and
- Finsbury to help big corporates to understand the impact on employees of the move to online working.
We do this with a team of experts, whose starting point is a grounding in the practical application of behavioural techniques. Between them, our co-founders have previously co-founded the Behavioural Insights Team, the Behavioural Design Lab and Nudgeathon.
We also have a deep understanding of our respective academic disciplines. Our co-founders still teach part-time on executive programmes in behavioural science at the London School of Economics and Warwick Business School (WBS) and hold a range of posts, including an Honorary Professorship in Behavioural Science at WBS.
The Cognition Company then combines this knowledge of the latest evidence with a focus on its practical, commercial application, through long-term collaborations with the companies we work with. This is why we call the companies we work with our ‘partners’ rather than ‘clients’.
We’re going to highlight some of this work and our partnerships over the next couple of weeks – so subscribe to the newsletter on our homepage if you’re interested in finding out more.