- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
1. What data do we collect?
The Cognition Company collects the following data through a range of activities described below:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Age and date of birth
- CV and supporting information
- Notes and quotes
- Photo, audio and video footage
- IP address and location data when your visit our website
2. How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The Cognition Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register for our newsletter.
- Contract our services.
- Apply for a job and/or are employed.
- Use or view our website.
- Voluntarily participate in research or provide feedback via email.
The Cognition Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- A research panel.
- A client or third party database.
- Data that is publicly available.
3. How will we use your data?
The Cognition Company collects your data so that we can:
- Email you with our newsletter and updates on services we think you might like.
- Provide you with our services and manage our relationship with you.
- Assess your suitability for a job.
- Understand how you use our website.
- Invite you to participate in research.
- Conduct research with you.
- Communicate the findings of our research.
We will never share your data with third parties without your consent. We will always ask for specific consent to publish quotes, audio, photos or video from a research session.
4. How do we store your data?
The Cognition Company uses the following third party services to store and process your data across our website and services. We regularly review these services to make sure they are fully compliant with GDPR.
- Google Drive is a file storage service developed by Google that we use to securely store the majority of the data we receive, including from job applicants, employees, partners, and research participants. We delete recruitment or employment data on completion of the process or employment. We delete research data 10 years after completion of the project. When partner data is deleted depends on the terms of the contract.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service developed by Google that we use to collect and analyse data on our website. We store the data we collect indefinitely so we can see how people use our website and make improvements.
- Mailchimp is an email marketing service that we use to collect your data if you sign up to our newsletter. We store your data indefinitely however you have the right at any time to stop The Cognition Company from contacting you by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of our newsletter, at which point we will delete your data.
5. What are your data protection rights?
The Cognition Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data from The Cognition Company. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that The Cognition Company corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The Cognition Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that The Cognition Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that The Cognition Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to The Cognition Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that The Cognition Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
8. Privacy policies of other websites
10. How to contact us
11. How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that The Cognition Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.